Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Breakfast Surprise

Today was a VERY busy, full day! I had an eye appt @ 9:30am so I needed to be up and have all the boys up, dressed, fed, loaded up and heading out of the drive at 9am. I got up with my dear, sweet husband and got in the shower and got myself around and ready. Then I took the dogs out, fed them and then made sure the boys clothes were laid out and ready for them to slide into after breakfast and teeth brushing time. I headed back to my bedroom to finish up a few things and ds1 came in with a huge, vibrant smile and said 'breakfast is ready Mama!' He had made breakfast for all of us and had the table set and ready! What a sweetheart and such a little helper for his Mama! When we make oatmeal, we make a huge batch so we have leftovers for oatmeal muffins. . . well, he had taken the leftover oatmeal and warmed it up in the microwave and added our ususal, milk/honey/cinnamon/butter, and we sooo enjoyed it! I was so incredibly proud of him. I've noticed over the last couple of months that they will readily get breakfast around and ready. . . without being asked. . . what a wonderful, welcome surprise!

No comments: