Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Persistence Pays Off




I love to work right along side my husband (when the boys allow it! lol) and honestly, we make a great team, but on my own, without his assistance and direction. . . well. . . er. . . umm. . .I'm not always so handy! ;-) However, today I was determined to load up our little guys and get to the store and buy this lovely patio set, load it AND them back up (do they make a bigger vehicle than a Suburban?! ), get home, unload and put this set together BEFORE Daddy got home so I could surprise him and have him, just for once, get to enjoy something without having to put it together himself. Yes, I was quite proud (and busy!), but as the saying goes. . . persistence pays off! I had everything set up and in place and was literally finishing the last chair when Daddy came out onto the deck. I was a bit bummed that I didn't have it ALL done, but hey, it was quite a feat. . .especially for me. . . without my man! ;-)

No comments: